Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ah! Direction- Set your compasses!

I have been trying to figure out exactly what I want to do with this blog. Mostly it is just to help me keep track of books I have read, and a source for anyone looking for recommendations. But the other day I received a great e-mail from a fellow blogger and book enthusiast, and the wheels have been turning ever since. One of the things my friend shared was a reading list from her book club, and I particularly liked how they grouped their reading selections. They would read a group of books at a time that were all related somehow. And so, I have seen the light, and found directions.

For my first installment, I am going to focus on adventure on the high seas. With the release of Pirates of the Caribbean 2, I am in a sea-faring mood. So here is my first book list. I will read them in whatever order I can find them at my library I guess, but I will try to keep the order updated on the sidebar, and will review each book accordingly, with a big wrap-up at the end. By no means does this exclude other books, as I always like to have a couple going at once. So other reviews will continue as well.

Mutiny on the Bounty by Charles Nordhoff and James Norman Hall
Moby Dick by Herman Melville
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
The Odyssey by Homer
Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian
Captain Blood by Rafael Sabatini

No comments: