Monday, July 09, 2007

Follow The Stars Home


by LuAnne Rice

After reading one novel by LuAnne Rice that I enjoyed, I thought I'd give another one a shot. This was the book I'd been interested in after all, as it was a TV Movie starring Kimberly Williams, and I'd caught most of it one night while home alone. I wanted to know how the story ended, and determined I'd pick up the book.

First off, the TV movie very accurately portrayed the book. I found myself following along and remembering what came next up to a certain point. Whether or not the movie was faithful to the end...I have no idea. But the story did end with a satisfying conclusion and I was happy to have the story ended for me.

Now my beef with the book. Apparently when you've read one book by LuAnne Rice you've read them all. Since I was already familiar with her writing style, I found myself predicting the bulk of it ahead of time. I hate it when that happens. If I hadn't wanted to know the ending so bad, I may very well have not finished this book. It was a nice story, but predictable. It had its heartwarming moments to be sure, but I don't know if I'll be reading many more of her novels- at least not anytime soon. If you're looking for a light beach book or something to just pick up every once in a while, this is a great book for that.

No comments: