Monday, June 26, 2006

The Secret Life of Becky Miller


I'm not entirely sure what led me to read this book. I saw it reviewed on a blog, and I just HAD to read it. A few clicks on Amazon, and it was on my way. I was not disappointed.

The Secret Life of Becky Miller is a fictional story about Super-Mom. Becky Miller is a stay-at home Mom who is finding life a little hard to juggle. Her passion for her children and husband is conflicting with her passion for her church and God. This book is about her journey to combine the two. While ultimately this book is Christian Fiction, this book would appeal to any busy Mom- stay at home or working. Reading this book, I had several mind-opening thoughts. I am still digesting, but in the few days since I've finished the book, I've made it a priority to enjoy my children just a tiny bit more. It also has me thinking about what more I can do to show them how much I love them, and to show them how to grow up gracefully. Definitely a lot to think about, and I think I may find myself reading this book again in the near future.

I recommend this book to any woman who finds herself in need of a recharge, or even just a smile. This book provides a rewarding conclusion that will leave you with many thoughts, and a smile as you go about your day.

No comments: